Awesome Almond Bars (Vegan)
Know you need to cutback on the calories, but still have a sweet tooth? You can easily satisfy your cravings with a guilt-free treat! These bars are pretty delicious; packed with good plant-based proteins and healthy fats. And will give you an energy boost.
Awesome Almond Bars
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp raw vanilla
- 150 grams dark vegan chocolate (caffeine free)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Use a food processor to blend the nuts and almond butter together, until the mixture is fine
- Melt coconut oil (if not already melted)
- Add the honey and vanilla
- Add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla mixture to the nut mixture in the food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and put the mixture into the pan
- Use a spoon to pack down the mixture to make a firm even layer
- Place pan into the fridge for 1 hour or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While you wait melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat. Use a sauce pan, or a bowl set over hot water. Low heat is best since chocolate burns easily at high temperatures
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the nut mixture, spreading a nice thin layer using a spatula
- Cut into bars and put them in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set
Enjoy your awesome guilt-free almond bars! Share this with your friends!
Present Truth Fitness